The British Functional Fitness Championships (BFFC) is the national championships for competitive functional fitness in the UK.
The BFFC is organised by the FRF(UK) and any revenues generated from the competition will be re-invested in programmes to promote the sport in the UK.
The BFFC seeks to achieve four objectives:
- to deliver a community-owned national championships of the highest quality;
- to identify national champions who can credibly claim to be the fittest male, female or team in the United Kingdom;
- to select the team that will represent the UK at the iF3 World Championships 2020; and,
- to inspire athletes of all abilities to become the best athlete they can be.
In 2020 the BFFC will be held on 9-10 May and the BFFC (Masters) will be held on 11-12 July, both at CrossFit Rotherham. The qualifiers for both will run from 28 Feb for one month.
Full details will be released on social media.
TEAM GBR SELECTION
The top three male and female athletes in the Open age group will be invited to represent the United Kingdom at the iF3 World Championships 2020 in Canada this October.
The top three male and female athletes in each Masters age group will be invited to represent the United Kingdom at the iF3 Masters World Championships 2020 in Portugal this October.
The Individual Medley medal event adopts the iF3 format being developed for the Olympics.
The event comprises six tests of fitness over three days. The tests are: aerobic capacity, strength, bodyweight skill, bodyweight endurance, mixed modal and power.
The BFFC will apply the iF3 movement standards. This means that any of the following movements could appear in the qualifiers or the final.
- Squats – Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat and other variations, e.g Pistols.
- Bodyweight Presses – Push Ups, HSPU and Ring Dips.
- STOH – Strict Press, Push Press, Push Jerk, Split Jerk and Squat Jerk with barbells, dumbells and kettlebells.
- GTOH/GTS – Snatch, Squat Snatch, Split Snatch, Power Snatch, Clean, Squat Clean, Power Clean and Split Clean with barbells, dumbells and kettlebells.
- Deadlifts – Deadlift and Sumo Deadlift.
- Hanging Movements (Bar) – TTB, Knees to Elbows, Pull Ups (Strict, CTB, L-Hang, Kipping, Butterfly), Bar Muscle-Ups and Pull Overs.
- Hanging Movement (Rings) – Toes to/through rings and Ring Muscle-Ups (Strict and Kipping).
- Handstands – Handstand Hold and Handstand Walk.
- Rope Climbs – From a seated position, Legless and L-Rope Climb.
- Monstructural – Rowing, Running, Cycling, Swimming and Ski Erg (indoors and outdoors).
- Jump-Based Movements – Burpees, Barbell Burpees, Box Jump, BJO and Skipping (single and double-unders).
- Core – GHD Sit-Up, Back/Hip Extension, Hollow Hold, Hollow Rock, Sit-Ups and L-Sit.
- Kettlebells – Kettlebell Swing.
- Others – Sleds, Stones (object over shoulder), Thrusters, Wallballs and Lunges.
Sat, 09 May & Sun, 10 May